学习啦【英语单词】 泽燕时间：2017-09-20 16:59:54我要投稿
any old room would have done.
any old how
they've dropped things just any old how.
as old as the hills
for old times' sake
he was more reticent than of old.
they knew him of old.
the old days
it was easier in the old days.
we are less confident than in the good old days.
the bad old days of incoherence and irresponsibility.
old enough to be someone's father (或 mother)
the Old Firm
[as modifier]an Old Firm match.
you can't put an old head on young shoulders
1. No matter where you go in life or how old you get, there's always something new to learn about. After all, life is full of surprises.
2. As a group, today's old people are still relatively deprived.
3. Douglas was a 29-year-old journeyman fighter, erratic in his previous fights.
4. At 54 years old her energy and looks are magnificent.
5. She acted in her firstfilm when she was 13 years old.
6. Come on over, we've got lots of the old gang here.
7. We spent years travelling around in a rusty old van.
8. His new government looks pretty much like the old one.
9. Ann Bradley dispels the old wives' tales and gives the medical facts.
10. Xandra is an athletic 36-year-old with a 21-year-old's body.
11. I shall be 26 years old on Friday next.
12. The fusty old establishment refused to recognise the demand for popular music.
13. Friendship is much more important to me than a stupid old ring!
14. In his old age he became a benefactor of the arts.
15. What we see at Westminster is a tired old ritual.
1. Before the race, he is fine. But afterwards he is worn out.
2. To use a well-worn cliche, it is packed with information.
3. The flagstones beneath their feet were worn smooth by centuries of use.
4. Steel cable will be used to replace worn ropes.
5. Before you is a well-worn path of beaten earth.
6. "You're worn out, Laura," he said. "Go home and get some rest."
7. His fingers poked through the worn tips of his gloves.
8. The past few days had really worn him out.
9. Extreme caution should be exercised when buying part-worn tyres.
10. The top can be worn buttoned up or open over a T-shirt.
11. Even in the dim light the equipment looked old and time-worn.
12. This thing has plumb worn me out.
13. Proverbs and idioms may become worn with over-use.
14. The man had a worn, weathered face.
15. Most of the trek is along worn paths.